Before making the important decision of “replacing the roof over your head” please consider a few things before you do. Having been through this process several times, there are several factors to consider when deciding on a roofing company. epoxy flooring
First, make sure, no matter what company you are working with, that the person you are dealing with is experienced in roofing. The best way to do this is to get more than one estimate, I recommend 3.
This way, you can get a better measure of:
A) who is being up front and honest with you
B) what your roofing project will entail, uncovering perhaps, things you hadn’t considered before
Replacing your roof is an important decision. One that should last for a long time. In the event that it doesn’t it’s expected lifetime of 20, 30, 40, or even 50 years, or it needs something along the way, dealing with a reputable, local roofing company is especially important. A warranty should definitely be part of the contract. Installation warranty, service warranty and manufacturer’s warranties should all be addressed in writing before signing a final contract.
Many “Roofing Companies” use subcontractors to do their work. They are often nowhere to be found after your roof is installed and suddenly you need a service for whatever reason (things happen)! Having someone who you know is going to come back and take care of any issues is very important.
Don’t get stuck in this situation. By following a few simple steps you can avoid a potentially costly mistake.
When selecting a roofing company:
Do some research on possible roofing companies, Get a Referral, Go online
- How long have they been in business?
- Where are they actually located?
- Who does the work? them or another sub-contracting company?
- Make sure they are licensed and insured.
Get some FREE estimates
- Most roofing companies will not only give you a free estimate but should also
do an inspection and share with you the results of their evaluation of YOUR roof.
- Get as much info as possible, this will help you determine who to work with.
- Compare the estimates, ensure they include the same quality standards,
warranties and materials. You want to compare Apples to Apples and cheapest isn’t always best!
Make a Decision, Sign a Contract, and GET A COPY!
- Read the fine print
- Make installment payments – generally 2 to 3 as you see fit.
(With contract, when materials are delivered and at job completion)
- See/Google – PA Contractor Payment ACT
- Obtain a copy of their liability ins.
We hope this helps you with your next roofing project. Please feel free to contact us if you think we can assist you in any way with your next Roofing project in Lancaster PA.